The cover is the first impression, and you know what they say about those!
Our model is different (if you haven’t already, read the main Team Publishing section here).
As with all our teams, members pick the projects they wish to work on. We have some standards and guidelines that must be met to ensure quality, and we approve the final product, but we truly try to let the creative teams do their work with as little interference as possible. This means that at the end of the project, you will not only have a direct income generation source in the book, you will also have something you are proud of for your portfolio. Something that will be publicized widely across the internet!
Some things to note before contacting us.
- Our designers are responsible for the front and back cover layout, not just the art. (Although the worded content for the back cover comes from the broader team). Our standard book will require two print templates and one ebook template.
- In many cases the cover as a thumbnail is FAR more important than the cover in print.
- We also use illustrators upon occasion, but prefer that person is also capable of producing the cover. We do not often do children’s books, however, so if that is your main goal, we are probably not your best choice.
- To work with us, we would need to see samples of your work. If you only have samples of your art, we would also need to see samples of graphic design or indication that you are proficient.
- Publishing industry qualifications are a plus, but we will accept related work as long as it demonstrates similar skill sets.
You can check out our Books page for some samples of previous covers and our Financials page for more information on the profit sharing breakdown. If that sounds interesting, please fill out our application! We are always looking for new talent.