In This Edition:
Read For Free (and Nearly Free)
Our Creative Community is growing by leaps and bounds. Booktrope is seeking the following:
- Book Marketing Managers
July 8th – Learning to Float: Allan Ament shares his journey as caregiver to his wife, Delores, following her stroke. This memoir speaks from the heart of a husband-caregiver. Stop by Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, Washington and join the discussion at 7pm.
July 25th – A.C. Fuller will be celebrating the launch of The Anonymous Source at Lowercase Brewing in Seattle, Washington. With beer, a prize raffle, a book reading and Mexican food, fun should abound. Join the festivities from 6 ~ 9 pm PDT.
July 27th – Join the Conversations with Las Comadres monthly teleconference: Featuring Eleanor Parker Sapia.
August 10th – Kandi J. Wyatt is hosting a Facebook party to mark the release of Dragon’s Future. Chat with authors, have fun and maybe win some prizes from 4 pm ~ 8 pm EST!
[ICYMI] Friends Don’t Let Friends Mix Limes and Sun: This Independence Day weekend learn from Laura Kilmartin‘s experience. “[T]he combination of lime juice and sunshine can lead to a very uncommon skin condition called phytophotodermatitis…”
[Video] Galit Breen stops by Musings on Motherhood & Midlife for an interesting conversation with Estelle Erasmus. Watch as they talk fat shaming, the pursuit of passion projects and writing.
Reindeer Herders & Lovesick Photographers: Lacking a clear historical narrative, JT Twissel invents stories for old family photos. “Once in the US, [my ancestors] turned their backs on the old world including its customs and languages. As a result I never heard tales of the old country nor did I hear mother tongues being spoken. And so, I did what any ordinary child would: I made up stories.”
50 Shades of Trolls: Rachel Thompson‘s latest article for Huffington Post takes on the #AskElJames fiasco and many experts weigh in.
A.C. Fuller shares 3 things he learned about his kids while writing his book. “Kids aren’t proud of their parents the same way parents are proud of their kids…”
Read For Free (and Nearly Free):
* Free for everyone (who reads ebooks made for Kindle – and no, you don’t have to have a Kindle to read these ebooks)
- Romantic Suspense: Throwaway by Heather Huffman
- Romantic Suspense: Will North shares the first chapter from his popular novel, Seasons’ End.
- Entice Imprint / Erotica ~ Unblocked – Episode One (Timber Towers Series Book 1) by Marni Mann
- Entice Imprint / Erotic Romance ~ C.D. Taylor has posted the first chapter from Left to Chance.
- Real bands in fictional situations: Northwest Music Scene has posted a few chapters from Dave O’Leary‘s The Music Book.
Just for Kindle Fans
- Over 30 Titles are FREE for Kindle Unlimited users!
- Ready for a Thrilling Summer Giveaway? Between July 1st and 19th enter to win 16 thrilling books and a $50 Amazon gift card!
- 1 of 5 paperback copies of poetry chapbook, Eigengrau by Dawn Pearson.
- 1 paperback copy of time traveling, sci-fi adventure Trespass: A Tale of Mystery and Suspense Across Time (The Darkeningstone Book 1) by Mikey Campling.
Other Items ~
- Post a Pic. Win a Kindle! The winners will be selected based on originality and creativity, and will be selected by Lisa M. Gott. Submissions are open until July 31, 2015 at midnight EDT. The winners will be announced on August 14, 2015.
- Like astrology? Jennifer Farwell is having a personalized horoscope giveaway!
Young Adult ~
- Coming of Age Romance ~ That’s a Promise by Victoria Klahr
- Coming of Age Romance ~ One Week by Nikki Van De Car
Fantasy and Science Fiction
- Coming of Age / Adventure ~ The Gatekeeper’s Forbidden Secret by Penelope A. Brown
- Epic Fantasy ~ Changeling Eyes by L.A. Catron
- Fantasy / Mythology ~ Seidrmaidens (Wyrdfolk) by Katja Aronsen
- Dystopian Science Fiction ~ Vivid (The Vivid Trilogy Book 1) by Andrea Murray
Grown Up Reads ~
- Romantic Suspense ~ Black Horse (Breaking Black Book 1) by Addison Kline
- Romantic Suspense ~ Unexpected Chances (The Chances Series Book 1) by A.M. Willard
- Contemporary Romance ~ Tripped Up Love (The New Ever After Series Book 1) by Julie Farley
- Contemporary Romance ~ Designing Samantha’s Love by PJ Fiala
- Entice Imprint / Erotica ~ Unblocked – Episode Two (Timber Towers Series Book 2) and Unblocked – Episode Three (Timber Towers Series Book 3) by Marni Mann
Contemporary Women’s Fiction
Fantasy / Sci-Fi / Paranormal Reads
- Paranormal Thriller ~ Dirt Nap (A Marnie Baranuik “Between the Files” Story) by AJ Aalto
- Romance ~ Burnout: Prequel to Shades of Blue: An Island Sanctuary Novel by Dana Tanaro Britt
- Romance ~ The Inn at Laurel Creek by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson
- Sexy Cozy / Mystery ~ Death of a Tango Dancer by Lisa Fernow
- Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction ~ Destroyer of Worlds by Dennis Sharpe
- Fantasy / Sci-Fi ~ The Mad Lord Lucian: A Portals of Destiny Novella by Shay West
- Supernatural Sci-Fi Thriller ~ The Guide (Wanderings: Short Fictions and Illusions Book 1) and The Knocking Box (Wanderings: Short Fictions and Illusions Book 2) by Kenneth G. Bennett
- Literary Fiction ~ Handbook for the Hopeless: How to Get a Job in a War Zone & Hallucinations by Duke Miller
- Literary Fiction ~ Valentine’s Seahorse by Dave O’Leary
- Fiction ~ Tightrope by Elise Stephens
- Contemporary Fiction: Ghosts (The Vance Davis Dossier Book 1) and Sins (The Vance Davis Dossier Book 2) by Heather Huffman
- Non-Fiction / Mental Health ~ Path to Mental Health Wellness by Rebecca Moore