June 10th – Connect with Pick Up The Damn Phone author, Joanne Black (and other social sales professionals) during #SocSales: The Ultimate Social Sales Playbook. It’s free to register. Join the conversation on Twitter.
June 28th – If you are in the Seattle area don’t miss your chance to celebrate the launch of Along the Wheel of Time: Sacred Stories for Nature Lovers with Rev. Judith Laxer.
Free Before Seventeen: As schools close for summer vacation and many young people begin to drive for the first time, Shari Ryan revisits the risks come along with the freedom of driving. “I flipped on my turn single and began to take my turn at a left arrow, heading into the grocery store parking lot. It was at that moment that I suddenly realized I wasn’t protected from this world’s hidden evils…”
Stop Trying to be Happier: Sophie Weeks contradicts some of the most popular posts on social media. “I’m not a particularly happy person… So I was very pleased recently to read…research…that suggests that only twelve percent of our happiness is under our direct control.”
Slenderman and Real-Life Monsters: “I don’t suggest a polarizing fear leading to extra locks on the door… Read fairy tales and scary stories with kids. Talk to them. Be as honest as you deem necessary. Kids are smarter than we want them to be..,” muses horror author, Alex Kimmell.
Everything Old is New Again: Brian McDonald walks us through how (and why) stories work. “Humans seem to be hardwired not just for enjoying stories, but for imitating and learning from them. People have known this for just about as long as people have been telling stories.”
Unsettled by the prospect of your book being pirated online? Katherine Sears explains why you shouldn’t be. “You should be thankful that one more person has been given the opportunity to tell others how amazing your work is.”
Read For Free (and Nearly Free):
* Free for everyone (who reads ebooks made for Kindle – and no, you don’t have to have a Kindle to read these ebooks)
- Romantic Suspense: Throwaway by Heather Huffman,
- Paranormal Thriller: Cold Company (A Marnie Baranuik “Between the Files” Story) by A.J. Aalto
* Enter to win:
- LibraryThing Early Readers program offers a chance to win one of 25 ebook copies of each of the following titles:
- 10 ebook copies of Blogger Girl by Meredith Schorr. Learn more about her “Best Friends Day” giveaway.
- Every book (5 titles in ebook format) in AJ Aalto’s paranormal thriller series, The Marnie Baranuik Files.
- One paperback copy of Allie Burke’s romantic fantasy, Violet Midnight.
- One paperback copy of Mary Rowen’s contemporary women’s fiction novel, Leaving the Beach.
- One of 7 ebook sets of February Grace’s romantic fantasy pairing, Of Stardust and In Starlight.
- One autographed paperback copy OR one of 10 ebook copies of Addison Winters’ sexy summer read, What I Really Learned In College.
- A Kindle Fire or one of 15 autographed paperbacks in anticipation of the release of Kenneth G. Bennett‘s Exodus 2022.
* 99¢ Titles:
- Young Adult (Coming of Age) ~ Dancing on the Edge by Kit Bakke
- Young Adult (Coming of Age Romance) ~ One Week by Nikki Van De Car
- Young Adult (Contemporary Romance) ~ The Dirt by Lori Culwell
- Young Adult (Fantasy / Mythology) ~ Seidrmaidens (Wyrdfolk) by Katja Aronsen
- Young Adult (Epic Fantasy / Romance) ~ Changeling Eyes by L.A. Catron
- Romance / Contemporary Women’s Fiction ~ Autumn Getaway (Seasons of Love Book 1) by Jennifer Gracen
- Romantic Suspense ~ Suddenly a Spy and Tumbleweed by Heather Huffman
- Chick Lit ~ Between the Sheets (The Between Boyfriends Series Book 2) by Sarka-Jonae Miller
- Chick Lit ~ Grace Unexpected by Gale Martin
- Paranormal Comedy ~ Joe Vampire (Joe Vampire Series) by Steven Luna
- Paranormal Thriller ~ Dirt Nap (A Marnie Baranuik “Between the Files” Story) by AJ Aalto
- Science Fiction ~ Exodus 2022 by Kenneth G. Bennett
- Fantasy / SciFi ~ The Mad Lord Lucian: A Portals of Destiny Novella by Shay West
- Short Stories ~ Tightrope by Elise Stephens
Need More Reading Suggestions?